What are the characteristics of PU leather
Now, whether it is genuine leather or PU leather, the selling price is very high in the market, but since we have bought it, we must buy the real one, but it is really difficult for us who are not professionals to tell the difference.
- Touch by hand: touch the surface of the leather by hand, if it feels smooth, soft, plump and elastic, it is genuine leather; while the surface of general artificial synthetic leather is astringent, rigid and poor in softness. Press the leather surface with your fingers, there are no obvious pores and wrinkles. If there are wrinkles after pressing, they will not disappear naturally.
- Seeing: the real leather surface has clearer pores and patterns, the yellow leather has relatively well-proportioned pores, the yak leather has thicker and sparser pores, and the goat leather has fish-scale pores. The presence or absence of pores on the leather surface is an important feature to identify genuine and fake leather.
- Nose smell: all leather has the smell of leather; and artificial leather has a strong pungent plastic smell.
- Ignite: tear off a little fiber from the back of real leather and artificial leather. After ignition, if there is a pungent smell and knots are formed, it is artificial leather; if there is hair smell and no hard knots, it is real leather. The cut corners are burning and smelly, but not the burnt smell of hair.
- Verify the dermis with water: the surface of the dermis has better water absorption, while the fake leather has better water resistance. Dip some water with your fingers and wipe it on the surface of the garment to observe its water absorption. For example, if the water absorption is good, it is genuine leather.
If you want to know more PU leather product information, you can click here: PU hardcover notebook suppliers.